Saturday, April 4, 2015

Eggs! Hunt! Eggs!



          Egg hunting and parlor games are a part of my tween years. We used to have family reunions in the province during summer vacation. We swim the whole day by the beach and also play some games for fun. On our first year in our new home, me, my daughter and my niece attended the Egg Hunting Activity in our community (Solano Hills Condominium) .


                          




        Weeks before the event my daughter is busy in her school work and practice for their upcoming graduation. Due to the demand of our changing schedules we are unable register early for the Egg Hunting Event.  It was already Friday when my daughter’s school task is completed. Since we were late for the registration I decided to call first the administration office of the condominium to confirm if we can still participate. The organizers were kind enough to allow us, so I also invited my niece to come over as Rhian’s buddy.
  



Preparing for the egg deco contest


         Since we were not prepared what we have are old art materials that I used to have way back in college. Items that have been stored in my cabinets  for more than a decade. :)

           Minutes before we participate we planned to do some beaded eggs, eggs with ribbon and so on and so forth. However, my daughter ended up for a rush egg design for her to have more time to eat the goodies. Louise on the other hand loves eggs so she planned to eat the egg meant for the decorating contest and just substitute it with quail eggs instead.  My husband who dropped by to check on us convinced my dear Louise not to eat the egg.  :)






Pin the tail of the bunny


          Rhian's height is her advantage for this game. Her height was just right to hit the targeted spot. She almost won in this game.


Rhian and Lulu in line, waiting for their turn
Rhian's close attempt in winning the game!



Candies in a Bottle

          For this game Rhian won. Without my glasses I thought the M&Ms were just about 200+ but I was wrong. My husband on the other hand decided to drop by the event for a moment and luckily with his unusual abilities he made the right guess – 640 pcs of M&Ms. To confirm we also attempted to count it ourselves. It was indeed around 600+. Rhian was so happy when she got the bottle of candies.



A bottle of mini M&M candies for winning the game :)




Egg Decorating Contest

         Rhian was so hungry for missing breakfast so she devoured her donuts in seconds before she started decorating the egg. Rhian and Lulu rushed to finish their entries afterwards.



Hungry Kiddos :)



Yum!
Done in a few minutes :)

Egg Hunting

          My niece is really a gentle and soft spoken girl even with her plump physical attributes, thus they were only able to grab two eggs.



Opening up the eggs for the goodies



Lunch after the event at our humble home


          After the event both of them played the whole day to celebrate the start of summer vacation! :) Yipee!!!




Happy Easter to all! :)

     
 







\




No comments :