Monday, February 1, 2016

Ocean Adventure: Rhian and Pap's School Field Trip


School field trips are already a part of our yearly itinerary. As parents, we have learned to embrace such precious moments in order to show our support and love for our daughter's academic tasks. Aside from that it also a way for us to mingle with her peers at school.


For Rhian's First Grade field trip they went to Ocean Adventure in Subic Bay, Zambales. For this trip, my husband is the best choice as Rhian's companion. Since, I am for a fact clumsy and slow in terms of reactive action in case of emergency situations, I am not confident to accompany her for this trip. However, before the trip I have talked to Raffy regarding patience and understanding in terms of handling Rhian's "kaartehan" during the trip. :)




In preparation, I cooked some liempo for their "baon". It is always a must to have cooked rice and Rhian's favorite “ulam” for any out of town trip. She always gets hungry during the unconventional time of the day. Also, since Rhian is a small girl relative to her age, we always make an effort to feed her and be ready with some munchies every time she gets hungry.


Aside from the food and other travel essentials,  Raffy, my husband was loaded with tons of reminders in handling Rhian. Raffy was also advised on how to negotiate with Rhian in terms of buying toys and souvenirs. My daughter always have a way of showing a sad face and making convincing statement in order to get what she wants from me and Raffy. As her parents for more than 6 years now, we already mastered the art of negotiating and enlightening her in terms of her childlike wants and in teaching her the values behind every decision.

It was the dawn of 27th January 2016 when I woke Rhian and Raffy to prepare for the trip. Days before, I already packed the things that they need and without any difficulty both of them woke up early and prepared for the field trip -- and so the journey begins. 

After a two hour trip from Manila, they arrived at Ocean Adventure. Their first stop is Encounter Cove.



For Rhian to remember the things to learn at Ocean Adventure, my husband took some photos of the pictures about marine animals.





Also the scenic view of the cove is also worth remembering, so he took a lot of those pictures.








Finally, he took a picture of the dolphins, one of the main attractions in Ocean Park. Swimming and up close encounter with dolphins is one of the activities offered by Ocean Park. That activity however, is usually availed by small groups, for large groups like field trips they go for the shows and environmental lessons offered by the park. 




Aside from marine animals they also have some shows about endangered species in the wild. According to my husband, Rhian with her classmates and peers are able to touch the scales of a python.  Here are some of the pictures that hubby have taken during the Walk on the Wild Side show.










  Among the shows in the park their favorite is the Sea Lion Marine Patrol Show. As I watched the video from their trip, I heard tons of giggles for each funny act.


















They are also able to tour the park and viewed some marine fishes and creatures in the Ocean Adventure Aquarium.


















After the tour they went to shop at Duty Free Philippines. Of course, my daughter and my husband bought some chocolates. They both share the likes for sweet stuff. Aside from that, my daughter was able to convince my husband to buy her some “shark” souvenirs, since she cannot eat ice cream at that time.  Also, since my daughter got fascinated with the balancing eagle she also lured her Papsi to buy her that stuff and an ocean adventure key chain for her bag.







When she got home, she became creative in using the souvenir that she bought; she now uses the "shark" like souvenir to open the faucet and the bathroom light. She also said she can also use it to pick up some stuff that fell under her bed. :)








At the end of the day, as I reviewed the pictures and videos of Rhian and Raffy's school field trip, I saw smiles and heard a lot of giggles (most of it is composed of Rafael's laugh). I am thankful that God had made that day safe and happy for the two people that I dearly love. :)  




:)

No comments :