Tuesday, January 5, 2016

BÀNH PHÓ Vietnamese Kitchen and Cafe: 34th Birthday!

It is now my 34th birthday! Now that I am expected to act like a true adult I will not very melodramatic about this day.

For a change, we planned a healthy dinner as a family, instead of spending the whole night eating in an eat-all-you can buffet like we use to.

For the past weeks, we noticed the new restaurant in Sucat, Paranaque -- Banh Pho. We've been wanting to try it out, but we just do not have the time to do so.

Finally, here is our chance. :)

My choice is Goi Cuon (Fresh spring rolls with shrimp and pork) for just 140.00 pesos. It was fresh and guilt free. It made me so happy to have this kind of stuff again. When I was single, I always go for salads and healthy foods. I also make my own Goi Chon at home.




When I got married, I no longer have the time to make Goi Cuon. It is good that I can just go to Bhan Pho for my Goi Cuon craving.


For hubby, we ordered Pho Tai (Classic Vietnamese noodle soup with thin raw beef) for 200 pesos. My husband is a fan of Bulalo and other classic Filipino soups, so I thought he won’t enjoy this dish. Surprisingly, he enjoyed the fresh and steaming noodle soup.





Finally, for my picky daughter Rhian, we ordered Suon Ram Man (Caramelized pork ribs in clay pot) with steam rice for 280. It is like Vietnam’s version of Adobo. The meat was so tender it melts in your mouth with every spoonful of rice.





We were planning to order coffee after the meal, but we were so full we decided to stroll in the nearest mall to have some room for dessert. :)



We will definitely come back -- just to chill around and have a taste of Vietnam's classic coffee. Next time, we will take a bite of their signature sandwich Bahn Pho. :)



No comments :