Thursday, June 24, 2021

Breakfast Rush

                  It is Friday! So it means we are too tired to cook breakfast, and also we are looking forward to our weekend breakfast so we keep Friday breakfast simple and quick.

                I always plan our meals a week ahead. A 30 minute dish needs to be done in 5 minutes. So during weekends or rest days I do a lot of prep and meal planning and just stuff them in the freezer.

                This food story is just all about a simple Pancit -- with no veggies though. Ate neighbor who delivers veggies regularly is on a 2 week vacation and I do not feel like running to the groceries for some veggies. I try to avoid frequent trips outside due to COVID-19.

                This Pancit can be cooked in approximately 15 minutes as long as the ingredients are prepared in advanced. During weekends I make some chicken broth after deboning whole chickens. I usually buy whole chickens and use each part in different recipes like chicken cordon bleu, chicken fingers, chicken nuggets, chicken adobo, chicken curry, chicken tinola etc.

                In a large pot I boil all thed is drained and kept frozen until needed.

                After my Thursday work I sta chicken bones with some celery, carrots and white onion. I season the broth with pepper and salt and I boil it for at least an hour. I use some of the chicken meat and freeze them. The broth on the other harrt cooking breakfast around 6:00 AM. For today we are also pairing it with some suman that was given to us. I am not really a fan of "kakanin", maybe because my Tita's always cooks it perfectly none comes close to it. I have my favorites though and that would be Puto Calasiao, Don Benito's Cassava Cake and Suman Ibos. I think I will also add to my list my Chocolate Moron from Leyte -- a delicacy that I got to taste when I was in college, a friend from Leyte always brings a lot of those after sembreak. For today Rhian and Hubby would be eating Pancit suman from Bicol.





                Now back to our Pancit for breakfast. I think this is much better than the usual instant pancit, at least the flavorings are all natural. Here is the recipe for our 15 minute pancit.


15 Minute Pancit 

Ingredients:

Pancit Bihon

Pancit Bato (from Bicol)/Canton (optional)

Chicken Broth

Chicken Meat

Chopped Garlic

Oil

Salt or Patis

Pepper


Procedure:

1. Toast garlic in oil. You may leave some for toppings.

2. Add the chicken meat, salt/patis. Sauté.

3. Add the chicken broth, bring to boil.

4. Then add the pancit bihon and pancit bato/canton

5. Once the broth is absorbed by the noodles, drizzle it with oil

6. Serve hot with garlic toppings.



Viola! After 15 minutes breakfast is ready.




No comments :