Saturday, June 26, 2021

Food Planning and Organizing Part I

                Weekend is both a family time and a time to plan for the week ahead. Every week I check the fridge to make sure it is well organized. I also make meals that can be made in advance, to save time during weekdays. Sometimes, I get so tired to cook, so I always make sure something healthy and ready to eat is kept in the fridge. Most of time if no meal is available, Rhian and Hubby go for some canned corned beef, sausages or sardines. 

                Aside from that I also need to make sure veggies are organized so that I can just cook some veggie dishes when I am starving. I try to avoid carbohydrates when I am hungry to avoid gaining weight.

                Here are a few prepared meals that can be cooked in just  minutes. This prepared meals will be cooked for breakfast.

                I am including my favorite kitchen gadget here. It is a mini food processor. It can be charged via USB, I use it when I need to have some aromatics crushed. It makes life so easy, no more chopping and smelly hands. 

                    The above is liempo, marinated with some siling labuyo, dalandan juice, soy sauce with salt and pepper. It can be cooked within minutes and it is best paired with egg, fried rice and kimchi. 

                    
                    Next would be some pork tapa with a lots of garlic, it is marinated with soy sauce and pepper. I also prepared some ham and sliced hungarian sausage. Both are usually paired with garlic rice and egg. Sometimes we also add in some eggplant cooked in air fryer or some bean sprouts with oyster sauce.

                    Chicken hotdog and salt and pepper bacon on the other hand is paired with chicken sopas or crab and corn soup. 


                The one above is a salt and pepper ribs, we drench it with flour and then we fry it in olive oil. It is best eaten with egg salad, vegetable salad or garlic pasta.


            Pork prepared in 3 ways: sweet and sour pork, home made tocino and pork steak in calamansi. All of which is served on top of rice. 


                    And finally, we have some staples in the fridge. Usually we also have dried fish which is usually paired with tsamporado. The one above though is bangus belly, bangus tinapa and of course rellenong bangus. It can be kept in the freezer for months, it is way much better that eating processed meats. We buy this stuff in the province. It is freshly made and definitely better since it is made fresh from the source. 

No comments :